What does macché mean? How is it used? When is it used? If you’re looking for the answers to these questions… watch our video-lesson! And, don’t forget to do the exercises at the end of the lesson! 😛
Macché: meaning and how to use it!
Have you ever heard the word “macché“?
It’s a typical Italian informal word… But what is its meaning? How is it used?
Macché expresses an opposition, a rejection and a negation to what has been previously said.
It can be used in three different ways:
– Stai piangendo? (Are you crying?)
– Macché! Mi è entrato qualcosa nell’occhio! (No way, I got something stuck in my eye!)
2) followed by the noun you want to negate or refuse
– Andiamo in montagna questa estate? (Are we going to go the mountains this summer?)
– Macché montagna! Ho già prenotato una settimana alle Maldive! (Forget the mountains! I’ve booked a week holiday in Maldive)
3) followed by the verb you want to negate or refuse
– Andiamo a correre? (Are we going for a run?)
– Macché correre! Oggi rimango sul divano a guardare un film! (Forget about running! I’m going to watch a movie on my couch today!)